Definición de denaturalize en inglés:
1Make (something) unnatural.
- In these texts, confrontations between human and other are ripe with possibilities for denaturalizing the boundaries and allegiances which infuse traditional depictions of the human/non-human dichotomy.
- Rankine strips her subject of all sentimentality, denaturalizing the notion of familial, ‘unslakable resemblance.’
- Hill, accordingly, denaturalizes the figurines through humor and photographic manipulation - in effect remaking the toys as the extra-terrestrials he imagined them to be.
2Deprive (someone) of citizenship of a country.
- And while there are undoubtedly organizations that hate the U.S. and mean harm to Americans, there is no legal basis for denaturalizing Americans merely because they're accused of belonging to such groups.
- McCarran recommended the deployment of the McCarran-Walter Act of 1952, which deported and denaturalized migrant workers whose leaders were found guilty of so-called subversive activities.
- He can also be denaturalised if the Home Secretary considers that ‘it is not conducive to the public good that the person should continue to be a citizen of the UK’.
- Example sentences
- A common experience for participants in these exercises, attested repeatedly, is the denaturalization of the present that occurs with prolonged exposure to a different way of life.
- The collected leaflets were transported on ice, to avoid protein denaturalization, and subsequently stored in a Revco freezer set to - 70°C until the moment of allozyme extraction.
- Before the denaturalisation of the river even, I recall stretches of wild beauty.
Definición de denaturalize en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan