Definición de denitrify en inglés:
verbo (denitrifies, denitrifying, denitrified)[with object]
(Chiefly of bacteria) remove the nitrates or nitrites from (soil, air, or water) by chemical reduction.
- Still other types of bacteria ‘denitrify’ soil by breaking down its nitrogen compounds and returning free nitrogen to the air.
- So, when there is denitrifying bacteria that means the nitrate is being put back into the atmosphere?
- Oxygen-depleted waters also provide the perfect environment for the growth of a specialized group of bacteria called denitrifying bacteria.
- Example sentences
- Other reactions unique to life, except at extremely high temperatures and pressures, include nitrogen fixation, nitrification and denitrification, sulphate and sulphur reduction, and methane formation.
- These conditions raise the potential for nitrification, leaching, denitrification, or runoff losses.
- Water table management may facilitate denitrification (conversion of nitrate to N-containing gases) in the off-season.
Definición de denitrify en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary