Definición de denominate en inglés:
- Governments monopolize the supply of currency denominated in the national monetary unit.
- It was already mentioned that the convertibility law sanctioned the validity of monetary contracts denominated in any currency.
- It actually happened, among other places, where bank notes denominated in the billions, trillions, and quadrillions circulated in rapid succession in 1946.
- The author, needless to say, remains quite attached to his ‘insight’ that there are two different senses of ‘a priori,’ one of which he denominates the ‘Kantian’ sense.
- The name Peru was pervasive during the colonial period and was used to denominate the larger sections of the powerful viceroyalty of Lima.
- But in reality, they lost their rights long before they were born, in an 1873 decision of the U.S. Supreme Court aptly denominated The Slaughter-House Cases.
late Middle English (in the sense 'give a name to'): from Latin denominat- 'named', from the verb denominare, from de- 'away, formally' + nominare 'to name' (from nomen, nomin- 'name'). sense 1 dates from the mid 20th century.
name from (Old English):
The Latin word nomen is the source of name and of related words in English, such as denominate (mid 16th century), misnomer (Late Middle English), nominate (Late Middle English), and noun (Late Middle English). What's in a name? alludes to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Juliet is saying the fact that Romeo belongs to the rival Montague family is irrelevant: ‘What's in a name? That which we call a rose / By any other name would smell as sweet.’ No names, no pack drill means that punishment for a misdeed cannot be meted out if everyone involved keeps silent about what has happened. Pack drill is a form of military punishment in which an offender has to perform parade-ground exercises carrying a heavy pack. It dates back to the First World War and soon spread from army circles, especially as a joking aside advising someone to be careful how much they say about a particular person or matter.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.