Definición de denote en inglés:
- Kildare County Council has agreed to erect signs denoting the twinning of Kildare with French town Corps Nuds.
- The council has carried out risk assessments on all restricted areas and has reopened nearly three-quarters of the pathways - identified by a pink sign denoting a right of way.
- It is signed P O'Neill denoting official sanction.
- Next, each species or cultivar has a list of nurseries that sell it, with symbols denoting new entries, synonyms, awards of merit, variegation and so on.
- For the second quarter in a row, the company has had an ‘e’ placed after its trading symbol, denoting a late filing of accounts.
- In Courchevel, pay attention to the numbers after the name (which denote the height in metres).
For an explanation of the difference between denote and connote, see connote (usage).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Provocations include not only the lack of grammar, but highly disjunctive and often obscure use of line breaks which abandon denotative and connotative functions of words in favour of half swallowed or choked sounds.
- Stories are never just arguments; they work most effectively by being neither didactic nor definitive: they attract and hold our attention because they are connotative not denotative.
- A focus on language, connotative and denotative meaning, is especially important in the cultural adaptation process.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'be a sign of, mark out'): from French dénoter or Latin denotare, from de- 'away, thoroughly' + notare 'observe, note' (from nota 'a mark').
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.