- A formula expressing the number and kinds of teeth possessed by a mammal. A dental formula is usually written in the form of four “fractions,” one for each type of tooth, with the upper and lower lines describing the upper and lower jaws respectively.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ellis claimed that the two populations could be separated based on slight differences of their respective dental formulae.
- Their dental formulae and molar shape vary considerably among species.
- The dental formula of tapirs is similar to that of the equids.
Más definiciones de dental formulaDefinición de dental formula en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional