sustantivo (plural dentaries)Zoology
- The anterior bone of the lower jaw, which bears the teeth. In mammals it forms the whole of the lower jaw (or mandible).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Associated remains found with this skeleton consist of acid - etched vertebrae and a fragmentary dentary from juvenile hadrosaur dinosaurs.
- During mammalian evolution, the lower jaw became just one bone, the dentary, with the articular no longer attached to the lower jaw.
- Mammals are unique among extant vertebrates in possessing a lower jaw formed by a single bony element, the dentary.
mid 19th century: from late Latin dentarius, from Latin dens, dent- 'tooth'.
Más definiciones de dentaryDefinición de dentary en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional