Definición de deploy en inglés:
- Once the strategic lift deploys Army forces to where they are required, tactical logistics moves to the forefront.
- The Legion was often deployed in hopeless military situations.
- Profiting from a mutiny, the rebel forces deployed their troops rapidly and cut the country virtually in two.
- When the colonial militia deployed at Concord, the uniform was work clothes.
- The armies deployed conventionally, in the centre a phalanx of pike-armed heavy infantry flanked on both sides by cavalry.
- They simply could not bring themselves to believe that they would attack, and as a result they adopted the interpretation that their army was deploying only for an exercise.
- However, the trustees do have a responsibility to ensure that the centre's income is deployed in the most effective manner.
- Yet the silences, so effective when they are deployed, are largely absent.
- If she can deploy her record-breaking resources to maximum effect, this will ensure the next inspectorate report makes for happier reading.
display from Middle English:
The early meaning of this was ‘unfurl (a banner or sail), unfold’. The word comes via Old French from Latin displicare ‘scatter, disperse’, which came to mean ‘unfold’ in medieval Latin and was also the source of deploy (late 18th century). In English the notion of ‘unfurling’ led to ‘causing to notice’. Splay (Middle English) was originally a shortening of display.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.