Definición de deprive en inglés:
- ‘If we are deprived of car parking space the car parking will spill out onto the main road and perhaps you ought to put it somewhere else,’ he added.
- When people are deprived of dreaming (when they are allowed to sleep but not to enter REM sleep) after a few days they are almost schizophrenic.
- It's unfortunate we are continually deprived of our potential benefits for residents.
- The 1914 Act, among other provisions, deprived the Welsh bishops of their seats in the House of Lords, and abolished private patronage.
- The old priests were deprived of their posts and privileges.
- His views were not popular and he was deprived of his chair in 1710.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is difficult to regard that as other than a deprival of justice.
- The refusal of the licence is claimed to be a deprival of possession within the meaning of Article 1.
- However, the current cost was determined by reference to market values as well as current replacement costs, a type of deprival value system.
private from Late Middle English:
Someone who is private has literally ‘withdrawn from public life’ and is acting as an ordinary citizen—that is the meaning of the Latin root, from privare ‘to bereave, deprive’ from privus ‘single, individual’. It is also the root of deprive (Middle English), privilege (Middle English), and privation (Middle English). In the army privates are ordinary soldiers as opposed to officers. They were originally, from the 1570s, private soldiers. Privates meaning ‘the genitals’ is first recorded in around 1450. Back in the 13th century privy, which is from the same root, meant ‘belonging to your own private circle’. The meaning ‘a lavatory’ is as old and comes from the idea of this being a private place.
Palabras que riman con deprivealive, arrive, chive, Clive, connive, contrive, dive, drive, five, gyve, hive, I've, jive, live, MI5, revive, rive, shrive, skive, strive, survive, swive, thrive
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.