Definición de deride en inglés:
- So I didn't ridicule or deride contributions, and published most emails critical of me, my style, and my substance.
- It has been derided by some critics as straying too far from historical fact in order to show a well-polished fiction.
- Scotland's newest soap opera has had a shaky start, derided by the critics for its wooden scripts and dull characters.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- His nationalism was as expansive as his cosmopolitanism, and he railed in equal measure against the narrowness of native deriders of Scotland and the shallowness of Anglophobia.
- Why does the man of understanding not respond to the derider? Because the derider will turn his derision on him or continue the original derision against him.
Mid 16th century: from Latin deridere 'scoff at'.
ridiculous from mid 16th century:
This comes from Latin ridiculus ‘laughable’, from ridere ‘to laugh’. Ridicule dates from the late 17th century. Derision (Late Middle English) and its later relatives such as deride (mid 16th century) come from the same root.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.