- 1The action of deserting a person, cause, or organization: her mother 's desertion of her familyMás ejemplos en oraciones
abandonment, leaving, jiltingdefection; betrayal, renunciation, repudiation, apostasy• formal abjuration• informal disappearing actMilitary going AWOL
- We confined our trapping to the late stages of incubation to minimize nest desertion due to trapping procedures.
- Often the socio-economic implications arising out of desertions by the spouse is overlooked by society.
- Paradoxically, the distrust is further fuelled by the desertion of an assistant counsel on the team last month.
- 1.1 Military The action of illegally leaving the armed forces: three officers were shot for desertion the number of desertions was risingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- According to the CBS News programme 60 Minutes, there have been 5,500 desertions amongst US troops.
- In 1921 King George V granted him a pardon on the desertion charge.
- He just finished serving 30 days in jail for his 1965 desertion.