Definición de despotism en inglés:
1The exercise of absolute power, especially in a cruel and oppressive way: the King’s arbitrary despotism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fact is that every Christian government that preceded them thought that Christianity implied tyranny, despotism, and the oppression of non-Christians.
- He wanted to free Europe from tyranny, oppression and despotism.
- I do admire in that work your condemnation of arbitrary power and despotism as destructive of freedom.
1.1A country or political system where the ruler holds absolute power.
- Machiavelli relied heavily on the dichotomy between republican and princely government, Montesquieu on a trichotomy of republics, monarchies, and despotisms.
- Russia closely resembled the ancient Oriental despotisms such as those in Mesopotamia and pharaonic Egypt, where the rulers were the exclusive owners of all that lay within their domain.
- Of course, history has been replete with despotisms and petty dictatorships.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan