Definición de despotism en inglés:
1The exercise of absolute power, especially in a cruel and oppressive way: the King’s arbitrary despotism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fact is that every Christian government that preceded them thought that Christianity implied tyranny, despotism, and the oppression of non-Christians.
- He wanted to free Europe from tyranny, oppression and despotism.
- I do admire in that work your condemnation of arbitrary power and despotism as destructive of freedom.
1.1A country or political system where the ruler holds absolute power.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Machiavelli relied heavily on the dichotomy between republican and princely government, Montesquieu on a trichotomy of republics, monarchies, and despotisms.
- Russia closely resembled the ancient Oriental despotisms such as those in Mesopotamia and pharaonic Egypt, where the rulers were the exclusive owners of all that lay within their domain.
- Of course, history has been replete with despotisms and petty dictatorships.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda