verbo (detoxifies, detoxifying, detoxified)[with object]
- 1Remove toxic substances or qualities from: the process uses chemical reagents to detoxify the oilMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The body has developed various mechanisms to detoxify the toxic substances.
- This discovery bears tremendous significance for the bioremediation industry, as it is the first bacterium isolated that can detoxify vinyl chloride outside of laboratory conditions.
- As for why the borer is able to withstand caffeine's toxic effects, there are some yeasts that detoxify chemicals, creating an edible food source for insects.
- 1.1 (usually be detoxified) Treat (an alcoholic or drug addict) to remove the effects of drink or drugs in order to help them overcome addiction: he was twice detoxified from heroinMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Approximately ten to 15 patients a month chose to detoxify from heroin addiction exclusively by means of acupuncture.
- Alcohol is frequently used by GHB abusers in an attempt to detoxify themselves from GHB; in the case of BD, alcohol may actually exacerbate and extend BD's toxic effects.
- Most ambulatory patients with alcohol dependence can be detoxified quickly and safely without the use of psychoactive drugs.
- 1.2 [no object] Abstain from drink and drugs until the bloodstream is free of toxins in order to overcome alcoholism or drug addiction.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Male patients with alcohol dependence (DSM III R criteria) were chosen and detoxified in an inpatient setting.
- At the time of writing 50% of the clients that detoxified from methadone are believed to still be free of opiates.
- Judge Dunne suspended the last 18 months of the sentence due to mitigating factors like Kenny's attempts to detoxify and his job after jail.
- 1.3 [no object] Become free of poisonous substances or qualities: you can help your body detoxify by cutting down on coffeeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But it's important to remember that our bodies are constantly detoxifying, not just when we say so.
- An electrically powered vacuum massage is used to help the body detoxify, release excess fluid, and increase circulation and metabolic rate.
- Wheatgrass is believed to be a wonderful cleanser and rejuvenator, helping the body detoxify.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are many types of free radicals, and all have specific detoxifiers.
- In his book Staying Healthy with Nutrition, Dr. Haas writes, ‘water is possibly the most important detoxifier.’
- Cabbage is a great detoxifier, stimulates the immune system and its disinfectant action is particularly effective in the respiratory tract.
Más definiciones de detoxifyDefinición de detoxify en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional