(Of a compound) having the property of rotating the plane of a polarized light ray to the right, i.e., clockwise facing the oncoming radiation. The opposite of levorotatory.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chirality describes the handedness of a molecule that is observable by the ability of a molecule to rotate the plane of polarized light either to the right (dextrorotatory) or to the left (levorotatory).
- One was dextrorotatory when dissolved in aqueous solution, the other was levorotatory.
- The dextrorotatory isomer of zopiclone is displaced from its salt by means of a base such as sodium hydroxide.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Here, the Orgone Beam converts pure levorotation into dextrorotation, or vice versa, until bipolarity is achieved.
- As the uterus grows larger it generally gets a slight twist, known as a dextrorotation, which allows it to fit more easily in the abdominopelvic cavity.
- This invention relates to an optically active single crystal having both single-crystal portion exhibiting levorotation and single-crystal portion exhibiting dextrorotation and a fabrication process thereof.
Definición de dextrorotatory en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional