Definición de diameter en inglés:
1A straight line passing from side to side through the center of a body or figure, especially a circle or sphere.
- The sine wave through the diameter of the circle is the ideal and basic pulse wave.
- In book one the relations satisfied by the diameters and tangents of conics are studied while in book two Apollonius investigates how hyperbolas are related to their asymptotes, and he also studies how to draw tangents to given conics.
- The circle with diameter BC intersects the sides AB and AC at M and N respectively.
1.1The length of the diameter of a figure, especially a circle or sphere.
- There were twenty-four, 4-inch diameter pipes that were completely buried beneath the sand.
- The ratio of the diameter of the larger circle to the smaller is 3: 2.
- Their diameters varied between 4.4 and 19.1 m, with a mean of 13.050.29 m.
1.2A transverse measurement of something; width or thickness.
- Furthermore, none of the particles may have a diameter greater than the thickness of the uncured fluid layer.
- The first dorsal fin has four rays, the lips are smooth and are roughly the same thickness as the diameter of the eye.
- The correct length of a buttonhole is determined by the diameter, thickness and type of button used.
2A unit of linear measurement of magnifying power.
- In the photograph above, for instance, eggs from the Central American stick-insect genus Bacteria are shown, magnified roughly fifteen diameters; the brown, knobby protruberances are the capitula.
- Using a micrometer to measure the field diameter of the microscope is recommended.
- A large aperture eyepiece will increase the filed of view and a large diameter, well coated objective lens will enhance brightness issue.
- Example sentences
- When diametral section planes were selected, second antibody treatment resulted in a 1.5-to 2-fold increase of median fluorescence aggregation index, as summarized in Table 3.
- All the tested materials presented an increase in diametral tensile strength during the experiment.
- However, axial and diametral testing of mixes yield different estimates of their resilient stiffnesses.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan