- A small, grayish moth that displays a pattern of diamonds along its back when the wings are folded. The caterpillar can be a pest of brassicas and other cultivated vegetables.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Plutella xylostella, family Yponomeutidae
- They can also harbour aphids and insects like the diamondback moth, a pest of canola.
- The researchers tested the GM plants by exposing them to caterpillars of the diamondback moth.
- Without its natural enemies, such as ground beetles, spiders and minute parasitic wasps, the diamondback moth is content to munch away on a never-ending supply of cabbage worldwide.
Más definiciones de diamondback mothDefinición de diamondback moth en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional