- A North American fritillary (butterfly), the male of which is orange and black and the female blue and black.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Speyeria diana, subfamily Argynninae, family Nymphalidae
- The hairy black and orange caterpillar of the Diana fritillary, Speyeria diana, spends its spring and early summer days eating violet flowers and leaves after wintering over without eating a bite.
- Luoguella diana n. sp. differs from Luoguella elegantula n. sp. in the smooth and wide ramp, an umbilical area covered by an inductura, the rounded-angular periphery, and thickened peristome.
modern Latin; associated with the goddess of the moon, because of the silvery crescents on the wings.
Más definiciones de DianaDefinición de diana en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional