Each of a pair of stereoisomeric compounds that are not mirror images of one another.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Because of the presence of two chiral carbon atoms in the dioxolane linker, the chemical synthesis route leads to two distinct diastereoisomers, in which the linkers are respectively SS and RR.
- It has five chiral carbons and only the naturally occurring diastereoisomer is biologically active.
- The precipitated diastereoisomer was pressed out and washed with approx.20 l of ice-cold 2-propanol.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Two diastereoisomeric forms, respectively SS and RR, of chemically modified channels in which a dioxolane ring links the formylated N-termini of two gramicidin monomers, were shown to form ion channels.
- Whilst most of the discussion has been about diastereoisomeric salts, it does not have to be so.
- Both 9 and 10 have four stereogenic centers giving rise to diastereoisomeric compounds existing as mixtures of two racemates.
Definición de diastereoisomer en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda