Definición de dichroic en inglés:
(Of a crystal) showing different colors when viewed from different directions, or (more generally) having different absorption coefficients for light polarized in different directions.
- One common laboratory technique - the use of circularly polarized light in circular dichroic spectroscopy - optically records changes in protein secondary structure to study the dynamics within the biological system.
- Visual pigments, the molecules in photoreceptors that initiate the process of vision, are inherently dichroic, differentially absorbing light according to its axis of polarization.
- The angle between the diglucosamine ring plane and the membrane plane was determined by dichroic measurements using polarized IR light with oriented multilayers of the endotoxins.
- Example sentences
- This is important because according to the theory of site-directed dichroism at least three dichroic ratios have to be known to determine the main structural parameters of the helix.
- The analyses of circular dichroism and fluorescence spectroscopy suggest that the monomer is well folded, and that it has certain characteristic features when compared to its tetrameric counterpart.
- This result is consistent with a recent investigation of K3 in the presence of large unilamellar vesicles of anionic phospholipids by circular dichroism spectroscopy in the solution state.
Definición de dichroic en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan