- 1The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats: a vegetarian diet a specialist in dietMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The calming, sattvic temperament accruing from a vegetarian diet is reflected in animals.
- Some land was tilled, mainly for the cultivation of oats that formed a staple part of the diet of the settler community.
- And we get residues of the hormones in those foods, so if you are going to eat, I recommend reducing animal foods in the diet.
- 1.1A regular occupation or series of activities in which one participates: a healthy diet of classical musicMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I confess that I've not made it part of my regular blog diet, but I think I may.
- Even the best-fed consumers have only four to five ‘kitchens’ dishing up their regular news diet.
- It seems that for many average internet users, blogs still merely provide an information supplement at some specific times, rather than a regular news diet.
- 2A special course of food to which one restricts oneself, either to lose weight or for medical reasons: I’m going on a dietMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Handouts are available in English and Spanish on topics such as weight control, diets to lose weight, and exercise programs.
- Some people do lose weight on low-carb diets, but the weight loss probably isn't related to blood sugar and insulin levels.
- It may be more important to stick to a diet and lose weight than to worry about the moral implications of the food you eat.
- 2.1 [as modifier] (Of food or drink) with reduced fat or sugar content: diet soft drinksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I only drank diet soda, and I started to get more seafood including sushi.
- Worse still, aspartame is contained in most of these diet foods and drinks.
- Woman who drank diet soda pop that was artificially sweetened did not show any increased risk and tended to lose weight.
verbo (diets, dieting, dieted)[no object] Volver al principio
- Restrict oneself to small amounts or special kinds of food in order to lose weight: it’s difficult to dietMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If you are not dieting, losing weight is a serious symptom as are tiredness and weakness.
- He believes some obese people cannot lose weight purely by dieting - they are clinically ill.
- If we want a different weight, we diet or body build.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- More research in America has now suggested it could also affect mental health, leaving dieters feeling grumpy, tired, apathetic and restless.
- But most dieters reach their plateau before they reach their goal, and many get discouraged when the thrill leaves before all the weight does.
- Although the low-carb dieters lost more weight initially, one of the studies showed that after 12 months both groups had shed about the same number of pounds.
Middle English: from Old French diete (noun), dieter (verb), via Latin from Greek diaita 'a way of life'.
- 1A legislative assembly in certain countries.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The term originated with the protest of the reforming minority at the diet of Spires in 1529 against the catholic majority.
- Under the ‘October Diploma’ of 1860, the government agreed to call the diets, which would then elect to the Reichsrat.
- 1.2 Scots Law A meeting or session of a court.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That judgment sympathetically, clearly and concisely deals with a case that must have been very far from the ordinary diet of a judge sitting in the crown court.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin dieta 'day's work, wages, etc.', also 'meeting of councilors'.