Definición de digestion en inglés:
1The process of breaking down food by mechanical and enzymatic action in the alimentary canal into substances that can be used by the body.
- Different regions of the digestive tract are concerned with storage, secretion, the processes of food digestion, absorption, and the elimination of waste products.
- In addition, they typically assess everyday body processes, such as appetite, digestion, defecation, urination, and sleep.
- You need water for all bodily processes, including digestion, waste excretion, circulation and even breathing.
1.1A person’s capacity to break down food into substances that can be used by the body: bouts of dysentery impaired his digestion
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our digestions coped admirably and thus you will have no tales concerning toilets, bushes, and Delhi Belly.
- Note that sensitive digestions tolerate cooked onions better than raw ones.
- This man, perhaps, may have an easy conscience and a good digestion.
1.2 Chemistry The process of treating a substance by means of heat, enzymes, or a solvent to promote decomposition or extract essential components.
- Elements that had been located within the protoplasts (intracellular fraction) were solubilized by digestion with concentrated nitric acid.
- This assay does not require enzyme digestion or electrophoretic separation of DNA fragments.
- Dried leaf discs were analysed for organic N and Ca after digestion in sulphuric acid and subsequent dilution.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan