- A synthetic compound with strong reducing properties, used in lotions for coloring the skin in sunlight.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chemical formula: (CH2OH)CO
- Artificial tanning products use chemicals such as dihydroxyacetone that react with proteins in the skin to create a brown color.
- All self-tanners contain a chemical called dihydroxyacetone, or DHA, which temporarily stains (within about an hour) the uppermost layer of your skin, called the stratum corneum.
- Some beauty salons have recorded a 20% increase in sales of the treatment, which uses the colour additive dihydroxyacetone.
late 19th century: from dihydroxy- (in the sense 'containing two hydroxyl groups in the molecule') + acetone.
Más definiciones de dihydroxyacetoneDefinición de dihydroxyacetone en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional