- The phenomenon exhibited by some fluids, sols, and gels in which they become more viscous or solid under pressure.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Grain-scale brittle dilatancy would increase permeability, readily promoting the influx of CO2-rich hydrous fluids into the fault zone soon after its initiation.
- Association with vertical joints suggests that the deformation is progressively evolving towards dilatancy with increasing tectonically induced differential stress.
- It also distinguishes between two types of hardening, namely shear hardening and compression hardening and incorporates soil dilatancy and a yield cap.
Más definiciones de dilatancyDefinición de dilatancy en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional