- 1The action of making a liquid more dilute.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Strangely, this chimes with homoeopathic beliefs about the way that remedies become more active by increased dilution in polar solvents like water.
- The isotope dilution or spike approach was a major advance in measuring small amounts of parent and daughter isotope in a sample.
- In birds, the process of urinary concentration involves dilution of glomerular filtrate by the reabsorption of sodium chloride in the thick ascending limb of looped nephrons.
- 1.1The action of making something weaker in force, content, or value: he is resisting any dilution of dogmaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘In these circumstances, the nature and structure of public funding will have a pivotal role in underpinning both total content funding and preventing dilution by the commercial networks,’ says the report.
- Although the band features players from the UK, Cameroon, France, Sierra Leone and Senegal, each member shares their musical foundation: open to influence, but without any dilution of content.
- It presents law to psychology students in a manner that respects both its complexity and its depth; the use of a range of experts helps to prevent dilution of its content.
- 1.2A liquid that has been diluted.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Use distilled or deionized water for dilutions.
- Cells from new zygotic colonies were resuspended in 1 ml water and appropriate dilutions were made.
- It seems like salicylic acid might be a good thing for him to try or maybe a gentle dilution of tea tree oil.
- 1.3The degree to which a solution has been diluted: the antibody was applied at a dilution of 1:50Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It consists of isopropyl alcohol in aqueous solution at two different dilutions.
- The instructions recommend various dilutions of the stock solution for different films, so it will be necessary to do some experimentation to see what works best with the formula below.
- All 26 dung samples provided correct results (true genotype) before dilution and at a dilution of 1 in 5.
- 1.4A reduction in the value of a shareholding due to the issue of additional shares in a company without an increase in assets.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Be sure to look for a compelling explanation of why the rights issue and share dilution are needed as part of the recovery plan.
- While stock options offer management an incentive to perform well, overloaded stock-option accounts create the possibility of unwanted share value dilution.
- This would lead to additional shareholders' dilution.
- (chiefly Finance )Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But if they decide not to do anything and go on with organic growth, it will be dilutive to existing shareholders.
- But they do have a dilutive effect on a company's stock, and shareholders may be forgiven for asking whether the options' recipients are really earning their sky-high pay - or just enjoying a free ride on the bull.
- There will be more shares in issue which will be dilutive.
Más definiciones de dilutionDefinición de dilution en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional