sustantivo (plural dinguses)North American & South African • informal
- Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting: here’s a doohickey—and there’s the dingusMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Whenever you feel the urge to know more about a dingus or purchase a doodad that does everything, just visit a kindergarten nearby and ask the little tikes how to have fun.
- I never think about the little plastic dinguses at the bottom of the drape-cords in my room, until I pull them and remember that they're original.
- Grilled a marinated pork dingus for supper - it's this boneless flaccid tube of pork in a plastic sleeve, soaked in brine and pepper and various other powders.
late 19th century: via Afrikaans from Dutch ding 'thing'.
Más definiciones de dingusDefinición de dingus en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional