- Any bacterium of a genus that includes the diphtheria bacillus, especially one that does not cause disease. See corynebacterium.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other normal inhabitants of the birth canal - staph, strep, diphtheroids, anaerobes, E. coli and Listeria - are other pathogens that may cause neonatal pneumonia.
- Of the 19 units manifesting growth, 16 yielded only diphtheroids, 1 unit grew coagulase-negative staphylococci, 1 unit grew diphtheroids and micrococci, and 1 unit grew diphtheroids and coagulase-negative staphylococci.
- Investigators found Staphylococcus, Streptococcus viridans, diphtheroids, Escherichia coli, and candida on gym equipment and facilities.
adjetivo[attributive] Medicine Volver al principio
- Similar to diphtheria.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Diphtheroid necrotic inflammation of the larynx in calves in its advanced stage mostly requires surgical therapy.
- There are few reports of diphtheroid endocarditis on intact valves, and, to our knowledge, this is the first case in which the offending organism was identified as C xerosis.
- Diphtheroid infection is a rare cause of endocarditis and, when present, it usually affects immunocompromised hosts or prosthetic valves.
Más definiciones de diphtheroidDefinición de diphtheroid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional