- The language has a musical quality and employs a great number of diphthongs and other vowel combinations.
- Density is thus largely a function of word stock and reflects at this stage in Coolidge's work an affinity for monosyllabic words, particularly those that couple long vowels or diphthongs with consonant blends.
- Most Modern English vowels are diphthongs, so obeying the ‘one sound, one letter’ rule demands either pairing of vowel letters or replacing all our current vowel sounds with the fewer pure sounds, as in Italian and Spanish.
- The Pali alphabet used for written Burmese is made up of eight vowels, three diphthongs, 32 consonants, and several tones.
- However, all subsequent authors except Meek have used the diphthong, so Archaeocyathus is now treated as a justified emendation of Billings' original spelling.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These three models all crucially contribute to my explanation of variation and changes currently observed in the diphthongal system of Seoul Korean.
- They are represented by two letters, one indicating the start of the diphthongal movement, the other indicating its end or general direction.
- Otherwise the dialect is solidly Midland, and aside from Germanisms bears a close affinity with the Philadelphia area, such as in its use of diphthongal long O and long A.
Late Middle English: from French diphtongue, via late Latin from Greek diphthongos, from di- 'twice' + phthongos 'voice, sound'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: diph·thong
Definición de diphthong en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.