- 1Relating to or indicating the direction in which someone or something is situated, moving, or developing: directional signs wherever two paths joinedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Johannine territoriality addresses not only space and place, but also the directional markers which indicate the place whence Jesus came and whither he goes.
- These are likely to include improved long-stay car parking and coach parking at the western and eastern sections of Back Ends as well as a strategy for improving directional signs throughout the town.
- Council officers had recommended that the proposal be granted for a limited five year period under certain conditions including the installation of new directional road signs.
- 2Having a particular direction of motion, progression, or orientation: coiling the wire permits directional flow of the magnetic fluxMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Circular clockwise motion of a cilium can generate directional leftward flow if its axis is not perpendicular to the cell surface but tilted posteriorly.
- This analysis demonstrates that growth cone turning results from an increase in the persistence of directional motion rather than a change in speed.
- This means there would be a shadow cast to the north and the directional orientation of the picture would come into play.
- 2.1Relating to, denoting, or designed for the projection, transmission, or reception of light, radio, or sound waves in or from a particular direction or directions: a directional microphoneMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Typically, the land mobile radio technician uses a directional wattmeter connected in the transmission line to measure the forward and reflected power.
- Nanotechnology had made them nothing more than a single in-ear headphone with a directional microphone.
- One thing: even if you use a blimped camera and scream for silence on the set, make sure you have a directional microphone with good frequency response, and check levels.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We have two ears which help us to determine directionality,’ he explained.
- In a complex queue, directionality is not programmed in; instead it is produced through a system of switches and feedback loops and so on.
- Seasonal migrations and potential for high rates of gene flow without simple geographic directionality suggest that Mallard populations may show very little geographic structure.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The day started on a great note, since I found her place without asking anyone anything at all, which is a big big achievement for a directionally challenged guy like me.
- I can say that I am a directionally challenged person.
- This new feature not only helps to keep the car directionally stable if a tyre should go flat, but can also prevent the need for roadside wheel changing.
Más definiciones de directionalDefinición de directional en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional