Definición de dirge en inglés:
- What is ‘Danny Boy,’ after all, but a funeral dirge?
- Mixing the ‘let freedom ring’ chorus in with the funeral dirge that is still ringing in the hearts of the victims' families is just shy of vile.
- If you are one of the resort's pool of bankrupt songwriters but still have grave interests and tendencies, think about turning to writing dirges for funerals.
- The winds howled their dirge about the rough-hewn stone dwellings huddled under the grim fortress of the Sorcerers who kept watch over the once-great plains of Kal Maros.
- Mini's songs were neither dirges nor fight songs but soulful chants with melodies of promise.
- It even has a hummable melody, as does ‘Mary’, the liveliest of her mournful dirges.
Middle English (denoting the Office for the Dead): from Latin dirige! (imperative) 'direct!', the first word of an antiphon (Psalm 5:8) used in the Latin Office for the Dead.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Beginning with a spliced viola whine that sounds redolent of a weedwhacker gone haywire, the song features an unflinching drum rhythm that starts entropic, before being finally pinioned by a dirgeful bassline.
- On the gorgeous closer ‘Crawling by Numbers,’ she similarly warms up the chorus with a beautiful reach - the juxtaposition of her voice with the song's dirgeful strings making for a mesmerizing finale.
- Over the course of forty minutes and six movements Foon and Cawdron et al provide a dirgeful opus of clevises, cowbells, and weeping, sawing strings; a cycle of loss - a soundtrack to the world's end.
Palabras que riman con dirgeconverge, diverge, emerge, merge, purge, scourge, serge, splurge, spurge, submerge, surge, urge, verge
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.