Definición de dirge en inglés:
- What is ‘Danny Boy,’ after all, but a funeral dirge?
- Mixing the ‘let freedom ring’ chorus in with the funeral dirge that is still ringing in the hearts of the victims' families is just shy of vile.
- If you are one of the resort's pool of bankrupt songwriters but still have grave interests and tendencies, think about turning to writing dirges for funerals.
- The winds howled their dirge about the rough-hewn stone dwellings huddled under the grim fortress of the Sorcerers who kept watch over the once-great plains of Kal Maros.
- Mini's songs were neither dirges nor fight songs but soulful chants with melodies of promise.
- It even has a hummable melody, as does ‘Mary’, the liveliest of her mournful dirges.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Beginning with a spliced viola whine that sounds redolent of a weedwhacker gone haywire, the song features an unflinching drum rhythm that starts entropic, before being finally pinioned by a dirgeful bassline.
- On the gorgeous closer ‘Crawling by Numbers,’ she similarly warms up the chorus with a beautiful reach - the juxtaposition of her voice with the song's dirgeful strings making for a mesmerizing finale.
- Over the course of forty minutes and six movements Foon and Cawdron et al provide a dirgeful opus of clevises, cowbells, and weeping, sawing strings; a cycle of loss - a soundtrack to the world's end.
Middle English (denoting the Office for the Dead): from Latin dirige! (imperative) 'direct!', the first word of an antiphon (Psalm 5:8) used in the Latin Office for the Dead.
Palabras que riman con dirgeconverge, diverge, emerge, merge, purge, scourge, serge, splurge, spurge, submerge, surge, urge, verge
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.