- Hurricane Katrina will be the costliest natural disaster in U.S. history by a factor of five.
- The horrific devastation caused by this tsunami may be the worst natural disaster in recent history.
- And President Bush is offering U.S. aid and condolences to people affected by the Asian tsunami disaster.
- This disc is worth at least a rental, and if you're a fan of disaster type flicks, a purchase.
- It felt like trespassing onto the film set of a disaster movie.
- It's only a matter of time before we're treated to a World Trade Center disaster film.
- But a series of personal disasters and financial ruin triggered a mental disorder that was to turn the father of two into a killer.
- The suite contains the computers and equipment necessary to help a small business function in the event of a company disaster.
- It was recognised as such by the Iraqi people, but the subsequent handling of events was a disaster.
- And it was fine for all the media celebs to go to a ball game but it was a total disaster for Kerry to do so.
- He's had a very hard time. His current situation is a total disaster.
- Maize, a relatively new crop, is looking like a total disaster, according to Mr Dempsey.
be a recipe for disaster
- Be extremely likely to have unfortunate consequences: sky-high interest rates are a recipe for disasterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Split-second decision making without thinking about the consequences is a recipe for disaster.
- Extremism and terrorism is a recipe for disaster, and will destroy this extraordinary alliance against U.S. imperialism.
- Your desperate craving to make a good impression, coupled with your extreme nervousness, is a recipe for disaster.
Late 16th century: from Italian disastro 'ill-starred event', from dis- (expressing negation) + astro 'star' (from Latin astrum).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: dis·as·ter
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.