Definición de disclaim en inglés:
1Refuse to acknowledge; deny: the school disclaimed any responsibility for his death
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And while disclaiming responsibility and blaming others, many suffer unnecessarily because of wrong priorities, wrong choices, squandered opportunities.
- He was blamed for a change in directors and a runaway budget though he disclaimed responsibility for either.
- The audit's findings prompted the government to disclaim any responsibility to reimburse the credits and threatened to withdraw the bonds it had issued to the central bank.
1.1 Law Renounce a legal claim to (a property or title).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The most common examples are the rights of trustees in bankruptcy and liquidators of companies to disclaim certain property under the provisions of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- In the Peerage Act peers were given the option of disclaiming their titles within one year.
- The original beneficiary cannot choose where disclaimed property will go, so a contingent beneficiary must be in place to receive the benefits.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda