- But how hard would it be to create a movie gift card that offers a discount for the cost of 10 tickets or more?
- You will probably find that from time to time you will get extra offers, discounts and lower shipping costs.
- Our prices are negotiable and we do offer discounts for bulk purchases.
- A related type of transaction is one in which a company or other enterprise allows another to draw on it in order to facilitate the discount of the bills involved.
- The discount period covers the period from the day of discount to the bill maturity date.
- In discount of bills, the Bank rediscounts qualified commercial bills submitted by the financial institutions, such bills having already been discounted by the institutions for their clients.
- This weekend only - we are offering gift certificates in any amount and are discounting the purchase price by 10%.
- Farmers producing bull beef will need to be conscious of the risk in allowing bulls to go over 24 months because some factories are already talking of discounting the price of these animals to cow beef price.
- The market discounts the price for this variability.
- Consumers are advised not buy from unauthorised dealers and to be suspicious of deeply discounted products.
- Instead of consolidating their purchasing, they're buying highly discounted products and services from a host of companies.
- Who cares if the products are discounted, if you've read every book and heard every CD on offer?
- They shed their non-banking activities and concentrated on financing through discounting bills of exchange and distributing the securities which governments and subsequently companies issued.
- He can discount the bills accepted by the bank with the credit provider who offers the most favourable terms.
- To this it might be objected that firms only need a bit more time, such as is provided to them when a bank is willing to discount their bills.
- Nor is it possible to discount the fact that these events have been almost wiped from the history books.
- Likewise, it discounts the possibility that users can distinguish between good and malicious software, say, by installing software released or recommended by people they trust.
- But, sadly, a climate of opinion is being created in which facts are discounted in favour of fantasies, arbitrary allegations and wild apprehensions.
- Groaning slightly, she got up, and walked into the discount store nearby.
- Equally inexpensive was much of the merchandise which could be had at the discount stores of that era.
- If a discount store acquires a competing convenience store, the average retail price tends to go up.
- Discount airline tickets are available for the student community.
- The discount rate reflects the current generation's preferences for resource use through time.
- The tourism authority is giving out discount coupons that are redeemable at participating stores.
at a discount
- Below the nominal or usual price: a plan that allows tenants to buy their homes at a discount Compare with at a premium (see premium).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In simple terms, this means the share price is trading at a discount to the value of the company's property portfolio.
- Those funds are good buys when their market price is at a discount to their net asset value.
- Unlike funds such as unit trusts, investment trusts are often priced at a discount to the value of their holdings.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There is a remote, but not discountable, chance of it occurring again.
- In the US TV fiction production sector this is only discountable where an individual has had a recent commercial success.
- One might just as well argue from what happens in ‘actual’ cases to what should happen in discountable cases.
Early 17th century (denoting a reduction in the amount or value of something): from obsolete French descompte (noun), descompter (verb), or (in commercial contexts) from Italian (di)scontare, both from medieval Latin discomputare, from Latin dis- (expressing reversal) + computare (see compute).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: dis·count
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.