- 1A disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury: bacterial meningitis is a rare disease a possible cause of heart diseaseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It may soon be used in humans to treat heart disease, diabetes, and other such diseases.
- Hearing impairment is when the hearing is affected by a disease, disorder or injury.
- The threats of malaria and diarrhoeal diseases will only further increase with the onset of rains.
- 1.1A particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people: departmental administration has often led to the dread disease of departmentalitisMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Are not sin, transgression and iniquity dread diseases that lead to spiritual death?
- The blame lies within the disease of greed that has found too comfortable a home in the world of sports.
- As the disease of greed and materialism spreads in our minds, so do the physical diseases, as our bodies struggle to eliminate the toxicity from the cocktail of chemicals consumed every day.
Middle English (in the sense 'lack of ease; inconvenience'): from Old French desaise 'lack of ease', from des- (expressing reversal) + aise 'ease'.