Definición de disputatious en inglés:
Fond of or causing heated arguments: a congenial hangout for disputatious academics disputatious council meetings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The various choral groups that continually comment upon and sometimes mix in with the action are now more in line with the disputatious aesthetic factions of the original, and all the better for it.
- She wasn't going to have a man trying to rule her, or upsetting her delicate balancing act with the disputatious factions of her court and council; nor would she have a son grow up to become a focus of opposition.
- Note for the disputatious: I make no comment on the 90-day proposal itself.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He disagreed with them when necessary, not disputatiously or contentiously, but with a desire to persuade.
- These were, of course, peak years for Abstract Expressionism, disputatiously called ‘action painting.’
- Each account differs wildly and quite disputatiously - and quite uniquely each of the principals insists that they were the one who conducted the murder.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Divine decrees are fulfilled with sullenness, bafflement or credulous compliance; the crew's disputatiousness adds to the reader's pleasure.
- Most of the political activity occurring outside that gilded realm must be cast as a periphery of delusion, extremism and industrial disputatiousness.
- Remarkably the literary product of such disputatiousness eventually became Scripture, that is, books with normative quality for the community.
Palabras que riman con disputatiousAthanasius, audacious, bodacious, cactaceous, capacious, carbonaceous, contumacious, Cretaceous, curvaceous, edacious, efficacious, fallacious, farinaceous, flirtatious, foliaceous, fugacious, gracious, hellacious, herbaceous, Ignatius, loquacious, mendacious, mordacious, ostentatious, perspicacious, pertinacious, pugnacious, rapacious, sagacious, salacious, saponaceous, sebaceous, sequacious, setaceous, spacious, tenacious, veracious, vexatious, vivacious, voracious
Definición de disputatious en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda