- 1Situated away from the center of the body or from the point of attachment: the distal end of the tibia axons distal to the injury will degenerate The opposite of proximal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The stomach and small bowel were dilated due to there being colonic atresia just distal to the cecum.
- Retinal prostheses are only viable if the visual pathway distal to the retina is intact and functional.
- This disorder occurs because of median nerve entrapment distal to the elbow.
- 1.1 Geology Relating to or denoting the outer part of an area affected by geological activity: the distal zone Often contrasted with proximal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In distal areas, a layered sedimentary unit appears under the chaotic unit.
- The spherules in South Greenland are the first distal impact ejecta recognized in mid-Precambrian strata.
- Similar laminated deposits are formed in more distal periglacial lakes.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Body or contour feathers are pennaceous distally.
- The muscle may be divided, with the second belly attached distally to the radius (near the tuberosity), or even the ulna.
- In all these species, Bcl-rambo and BH3-only Bid form two distally adjacent genes on opposite strands.
early 19th century: from distant, on the pattern of words such as dorsal.
Más definiciones de distalDefinición de distal en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional