- 1Bomb (a target) while diving steeply downward in an aircraft: news that they had dive-bombed a US destroyerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Blackburn Skua was the first British aircraft specifically designed for dive-bombing, but it could also serve as a fighter.
- Army co-operation and close air support were in their infancy in the USA and dive-bombing seemed to be the answer.
- But in Korea the Sabres were there to protect the fighters at low-level, while they were dive-bombing, Mahurin said.
- 1.1(Of a bird or flying insect) attack (something) by swooping down on it: the crow folded its wings and dive-bombed the vultureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- On a recent holiday to Italy, I sat in the main square in Sienna eating pizza surrounded by dive-bombing pigeons.
- The bird squawked again, and dive-bombed the dog.
- It looks like a normal fly but can smell sweat and dive-bombs any bare flesh.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the ship was sunk by Japanese dive-bombers in February 1942.
- As far as I know, this was the only time in the history of the war that a dive-bomber attacked a rocket in the air.
- When firing at an imaginary Stuka dive-bomber, my best arrow went onto the roof.
Más definiciones de dive-bombDefinición de dive-bomb en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional