- That is, have we all been carried away by a desire for some kind of entertaining political divertissement?
- But brevity is the soul of wit, and Lemoine's well-crafted divertissements have enchanted theatregoers for the past 22 years.
- Okay, I'll admit, Norwich entertained me on that little divertissement.
- Comparing them and their comrades to booted divertissement dancers in nineteenth-century ballet is out of the question.
- The Tarantella was originally not part of the Grand Pas de Deux, it was intended as a divertissement or National Dance in Act One.
- A new, charming pas de cinq opened the Act III divertissements, set to a passage of Tchaikovsky music that Petipa never used.
Early 18th century (specifically denoting a short ballet): French, from divertiss-, stem of divertir, from Latin divertere 'turn in separate ways'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: di·ver·tisse·ment
Definición de divertissement en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.