Definición de divertissement en inglés:
1A minor entertainment or diversion: as a Sunday divertissement Wittgenstein would play Schubert quartets
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That is, have we all been carried away by a desire for some kind of entertaining political divertissement?
- But brevity is the soul of wit, and Lemoine's well-crafted divertissements have enchanted theatregoers for the past 22 years.
- Okay, I'll admit, Norwich entertained me on that little divertissement.
1.1 Ballet A short dance within a ballet that displays a dancer’s technical skill without advancing the plot or character development.
- Comparing them and their comrades to booted divertissement dancers in nineteenth-century ballet is out of the question.
- The Tarantella was originally not part of the Grand Pas de Deux, it was intended as a divertissement or National Dance in Act One.
- A new, charming pas de cinq opened the Act III divertissements, set to a passage of Tchaikovsky music that Petipa never used.
Definición de divertissement en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan