- (In musical composition or transcription) two dots placed side by side after a note to indicate that it is to be lengthened by three quarters of its value.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It quickly progresses to syncopation, eighth and sixteenth notes and rests, compound meter, and even explores double dots, odd tuplets, and irregular and shifting meters.
verbo(double-dot) [with object] Volver al principio
- Write or perform (music) with a rhythm of alternating long and short notes in a ratio of approximately seven to one, producing a more marked effect than ordinary dotted rhythm.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The convention in the dotted-rhythm section is to "double-dot" the rhythms, making the shorter notes shorter still, and giving them more "snap."
Más definiciones de double dotDefinición de double dot en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional