Definición de double time en inglés:
1A rate of pay equal to double the standard rate, sometimes paid for working on holidays or outside normal working hours.
- In addition, eligible employees who do work on the holiday are paid time-and-a-half for the first 11 hours and double time after 11 hours.
- Though it wasn't compulsory, everyone got a paid three-week holiday or bank holiday double time and days in lieu.
- But even double time wages were not enough to entice many workers to put themselves at risk, given the inadequacies of the resources that remained.
2 Military A regulation running pace.
- The patrol, at any given time, would pick up a double time for a short duration and, at times, change the logical direction of its movement to prevent being targeted or trailed.
- In the hours after the first quake in January, they marched in double time through devastated streets of Las Colinas, a neighborhood of Santa Tecla, carrying shovels across their chests like rifles.
3 Music A rhythm that is twice as fast as an earlier one.
- In the middle of the track, however, the drum beat goes into double time and races the track to a very satisfying conclusion.
- The song ‘Stay,’ for example, has a great drum buildup to the finale with a slow, wailing horn solo and double time guitar and bass parts propelling it along.
- The sound and music remains faithful to the MK tradition, and has retained the double time music for the final lap to add tension.
Definición de double time en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan