- 1Bend over or curl up, typically because one is overcome with pain or mirth: Billy started to double up with laughterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That helped her shoulder but hurt her stomach and she spent most of Friday night doubled up in pain.
- A cry of ‘cheap shot’ from the field was clearly audible in the stand directly after an incident which saw Murray double up in pain, clutching his ribs.
- If Allison finds herself doubling up with stomach pain, or if she has a cramping sensation, this might be a good choice.
- 2Share a room: “Where’s Jimmy going to sleep?” “He can double up with Bert.”Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One-fourth of them double up with other families in cramped living quarters.
- A 34-year-old male discussed why he was no longer able to double up with family and had to move into a shelter.
- ‘We are cramped together and having to double up in rooms,’ he said.
Más definiciones de double upDefinición de double up en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional