sustantivoNorth American derogatory
A person who has avoided compulsory military service.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They are following in the footsteps of tens of thousands of military deserters and draft dodgers who went to Canada during the Vietnam War.
- There is only one group that likes the idea of conscription less than future draft dodgers: the military.
- You claim that Rush Limbaugh is a draft dodger who avoided Vietnam because he had a ‘pimple on his rear.’
draft dodging sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Is there a reason that associates the National Guard with draft dodging?
- There were thousands of stories about his draft dodging.
- The peasantry carried the main burden of the draft, and many resisted through desertion, draft dodging, and even uprisings.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: draft dodg·er
Definición de draft dodger en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda