adjetivo (draftier, draftiest)
- 1(Of an enclosed space) cold and uncomfortable because of currents of cool air: anyone would get pneumonia living in the drafty old houseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Before the auditor visits your house, make a list of any existing problems such as condensation and uncomfortable or drafty rooms.
- The workout area was drafty and cold as always, and Star slightly shivered under her workout clothing but she could take it.
- I was born into a drafty farm house in the corn country of Iowa - protected each winter by a row of straw bales set two layers high.
- 1.1(Of a door or window) ill-fitting, and so allowing currents of cool air in.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, avoid placing plants near drafty doors, uninsulated windows, and heat sources.
- Likewise, avoid things - such as fans, doors, drafty windows - which might draw smoke away from the unit.
- Replacing draughty windows with double-glazed units will save money.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a recent survey of the 46 staff who work on the lower floor of the annexe, 38 said they were concerned about overcrowding, 20 said they were affected by overheating and 16 complained about the cold and draughtiness of the building.
- He figured it must've come from the draftiness of the jail cell.
- Since the air isn't blown forcefully downward, you won't feel draftiness or chill.
Más definiciones de draftyDefinición de drafty en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional