sustantivo (plural dragonflies)
- A fast-flying long-bodied predatory insect with two pairs of large transparent wings that are spread out sideways at rest. The voracious aquatic larvae take up to five years to reach adulthood. Compare with damselfly.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Suborder Anisoptera, order Odonata: several families. Dragonflies include darners and skimmers
- A woodchat's prey is mainly insects, beetles, damsel flies, dragonflies, grasshoppers, wasps and bees.
- The wings were held horizontally, as in dragonflies (Odonata, Anisoptera).
- Thrushes, ladybirds, dragonflies, spiders and hoverfly larvae will snack on aphids, snails and other pests, saving you time, work and money.
Más definiciones de dragonflyDefinición de dragonfly en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional