- It also has borrowed words from Dravidian languages of southern India, mostly Tamil.
- The Dravidian groups include the Gond, Oraon, Khond, Malto, Bhil, Mina, Garasia, Pradhan etc. and speak Austric or Dravidian family of languages.
- Some evidence for this can be seen in Table 3.5, which shows some regional and caste differences in lexicon and grammar from two regional and social dialects of Kannarese, a Dravidian language spoken in south India.
- One was Dravidian, a language family now centered on southern India.
- Mann abstracts a passage from the Bhagavata Purana to illustrate the interwoven strands of Aryan and Dravidian in the story.
Dravidian languages were once spoken throughout the Indian subcontinent but were restricted to the south following the arrival of speakers of Indic languages circa 1000 bc. Those still used, by over 160 million people, include Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, and Telugu
- By language we are Tamils, by race Dravidians and by nationality Indians.
- One of the underlying themes of Sinhala chauvinism is the superiority of the ‘Aryan’ Sinhalese over the southern Indian Dravidians or Tamils.
- As I mentioned earlier, racially and linguistically, the East Indians and Africans have a common origin, going back to the ancient Sumerians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Phoenicians, and Dravidians.
From Sanskrit drāviḍa 'relating to the Tamils' (from Dravida 'Tamil') + -ian.
Palabras que riman con Dravidianascidian, Derridean, enchiridion, Euclidean, Floridian, Gideon, Lydian, meridian, Numidian, obsidian, Pisidian, quotidian, viridian
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: Dra·vid·i·an
Definición de Dravidian en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.