- 1A device for introducing fluid drop by drop into a system, e.g., lubricating oil into an engine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is often used by bikes which have a drip feed to the chains.
- This self-watering plant pot's main feature is a medical drip feed.
- 1.1 Medicine A device that passes fluid, nutrients, or drugs drop by drop into a patient’s body on a continuous basis, usually intravenously: he had been on a drip feed for several daysMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A slow intravenous drip feed of diazepam over 90 minutes had the desired effect.
- I was not able to argue with them when told that, for medical reasons, the baby had to be put on a drip feed.
- This time she was put on a drip feed because she was not in a position to argue against it.
verbo(drip-feed) [with object] Volver al principio
- 1Introduce (fluid) drop by drop: the oiler drip-feeds oil onto all drive chainsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Those that can't cope without water are drip-fed via a computer irrigation system.
- Her mother then tries to drip feed her with a syringe, but she won't take the liquid.
- You could, instead of using a tube, you could have a nurse stand over Terri and drip feed food down her throat.
- 1.1Supply (a patient) with fluid, nutrients, or drugs through a drip feed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That was a sensible price for what is an interesting, but very early stage, company whose second big product - a syringe pump, able to drip-feed drugs into the body over long periods - is even more exciting.
- For four-and-a-half years he wore a tiny backpack at all times, being drip-fed vital drugs into his heart every four minutes to keep him alive.
- Every five days he is taken to hospital to be drip-fed.
Más definiciones de drip feedDefinición de drip feed en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional