Definición de dung beetle en inglés:
A beetle whose larvae feed on dung, especially a scarab. The larger kinds place the dung in a hole before the eggs are laid, and some of them roll it along in a ball.
- Superfamily Scarabaeoidea, in particular families Scarabaeidae and Geotrupidae
- Maya was intrigued and absolutely determined to see a dung beetle rolling a ball.
- My favorite scene features a dung beetle trying to roll a bit of dinner up a hill; a more Sisyphean struggle I haven't seen.
- The parrot, the mouse, the cockroach, and the dung beetle all have the same rights to life as human beings.
Definición de dung beetle en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan