- 1Deceitfulness; double-dealing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To promote and protect their interest, they used coercion, bribery and nepotism as state policy and created a culture of opportunism, deceit, duplicity, loot and plunder.
- He said the biggest obstacle to a Yes vote was the Government, whose track record of deceit, and duplicity had now been shamefully exposed.
- It survives as a staple of film and television because it is highly photogenic, incorporating the undeniable dynamism of deceit and duplicity usually reserved for the spy story.
- 2 • archaic Doubleness.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When her survey group becomes lost inside the cave, the author uses the experience to propel questions of the duplicity of maps and the ambiguities of human perception.
- The very label, ‘African American’ intrinsically signifies a duplicity that remains misunderstood and unappreciated by many American and Africans.
- This concurrence of disparate attitudes toward him creates an ambiguous point of view and indicates a duplicity, if not a multiplicity, of authorship.
late Middle English: from Old French duplicite or late Latin duplicitas, from Latin duplic- 'twofold' (see duplex).