(in full dura mater)
The tough outermost membrane enveloping the brain and spinal cord.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The dura mater of the spinal cord is separated from the periosteum of the vertebrae by an epidural space.
- There were prominent bilateral scalp contusions with soft tissue and intramuscular haemorrhage, symmetrical parietal skull fractures with coronal sutural diastasis, and a lacerated dura mater with extrusion of brain and blood.
- We report a case of prominent pigment deposition in the dura mater of the brain.
late 19th century: from medieval Latin, literally 'hard mother', translation of Arabic al-'umm al-jāfiya 'coarse mother'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition, an intra-operative lumbar spinal drain was used to facilitate atraumatic dural elevation and temporal lobe retraction.
- Neuropathologic examination demonstrated massive distension of the entire dural venous sinus system by dark blue-purple thrombi.
- The dural covering of the spinal cord also showed pigmentation adjacent to intervertebral disk.