- Infection of the intestines resulting in severe diarrhea with the presence of blood and mucus in the feces.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- bacterial dysentery is caused by bacteria of the genus Shigella and can also spread by contact (see amebic dysentery, shigella)
- There are no pus cells in the stool, thereby ruling out a bacterial diarrhea like shigella dysentery.
- Doctors there were seeing many cases of diarrhoeal disease and feared epidemics of dysentery and cholera.
- Cholera, typhoid, dysentery, and other illnesses can be contracted from untreated bathing and drinking water.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fluid replacement proved invaluable in the treatment of dehydration, due to cholera and dysenteric diseases, but intravenous fluid had to be made up fresh, and all equipment had to be boiled at every use.
- Does the dysenteric subject generate in his intestinal mucous membrane, or elsewhere, a virus capable of causing the disease in others?
late Middle English: from Old French dissenterie, or via Latin from Greek dusenteria, from dusenteros 'afflicted in the bowels', from dus- 'bad' + entera 'bowels'.
Más definiciones de dysenteryDefinición de dysentery en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional