Definición de dysentery en inglés:
- bacterial dysentery is caused by bacteria of the genus Shigella and can also spread by contact (see amoebic dysentery, shigella)
- There are no pus cells in the stool, thereby ruling out a bacterial diarrhea like shigella dysentery.
- Doctors there were seeing many cases of diarrhoeal disease and feared epidemics of dysentery and cholera.
- Cholera, typhoid, dysentery, and other illnesses can be contracted from untreated bathing and drinking water.
This comes via Latin from Greek dusenteria, from dusenteros ‘afflicted in the bowels’, from dus- ‘bad’ and entera ‘bowels’, found in medical terms such as enteritis (early 20th century).
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Fluid replacement proved invaluable in the treatment of dehydration, due to cholera and dysenteric diseases, but intravenous fluid had to be made up fresh, and all equipment had to be boiled at every use.
- Does the dysenteric subject generate in his intestinal mucous membrane, or elsewhere, a virus capable of causing the disease in others?
Palabras que riman con dysenterydesultory
Definición de dysentery en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.