Definición de dysthymia en inglés:
Persistent mild depression.
- Like major depression, dysthymia can be treated with supportive therapy that provides advice, reassurance, sympathy, and education.
- Teplin and colleagues say they are especially concerned about the high rates of depression and dysthymia in detained youth.
- None of the studies included in our review specifically examined minor depressive disorder, mild presentations of a major depressive disorder, or dysthymia.
mid 19th century: from Greek dusthumia.
- Example sentences
- Unipolar depression has been classified into three mood disorders: Major depressive disorders, dysthymic disorders, and depressive disorders not otherwise specified.
- Today, St. John's wort is used for depression, dysthymic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, menopause, migraine, fibromyalgia and a variety of back pain syndromes.
- Significant acting out frequently occurs among children and adolescents with major depression and dysthymic disorder.
Pronunciación: /-ˈTHīmik/adjetivo& sustantivo
Definición de dysthymia en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan