- 1 Medicine & Veterinary Medicine A disorder in which an organ or tissue of the body wastes away. See also muscular dystrophy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fuchs' dystrophy is an inherited disease that affects the cornea - the transparent front surface of your eye.
- The key breakthroughs in the mitochondrial disorders and Duchenne dystrophy had all been made by the early '90s, and yet a decade later, no effective treatments have yet emerged.
- Muscular dystrophies are genetic disorders, usually progressive, which can lead to profound paralysis.
- 2 Medicine Impaired nourishment of a bodily part.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Soft tissue dystrophy continues, and the skin is cool, ischemic, dry, thin, and shiny.
- There, in the camp, he almost died of hunger, developed dystrophy and pellagra, and almost lost his central vision.
late 19th century: from modern Latin dystrophia, from Greek dus- 'bad' + -trophia 'nourishment'.
Más definiciones de dystrophyDefinición de dystrophy en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional